Sharon has been a doula and a strong presence in the Calgary Birthing community for almost 20 years. She is a Certified Doula Trainer with CAPPA, Certified Doula, Certified Childbirth Educator, Postpartum Doula and has trained and taken workshops through Birthing From Within, Yoga Birthing Method, Ina May Gaskin, Penny Simkin, Le Leache League, DONA, CAPPA, and AHS . Sharon’s expertise is respected and sought after as she has been featured on Global Television, Birthing Magazine, Calgary’s Child Magazine, Calgary’s Mom and Tot Fair and Modern Mama Calgary.
Sharon has helped over 500 families going through some aspect of their birth journey, whether it be a large class, a small group class, a private class or as their birth doula or postpartum doula. She feels extremely privileged and honored to be a part of something so very personal and miraculous. She is grateful to all those people who have allowed her to participate, they all hold a very special place in her heart. She hopes to be able to participate with many, many more families in the years to come.
Sharon is the proud mama of 4 awesome kids. She loves to travel and see the world and was so lucky to have been able to take a 4 and a half month journey through Europe, a few years ago, with her family. Crazy experience, things she would definitely do different, but absolutely no regrets. She loves nature and tries to find herself in it as often as possible. She enjoys reading but finds getting time for it a challenge. She also loves photography and has been so lucky to have so many willing brand new baby models for her to practice on. Thank you all you mamas, papas and babies for helping her get better.
She is also the proud mama of Calgary Birth Essentials, a company she built after a long journey with other amazing groups and lovely women. She has taken all the lessons with her to create Calgary Birth Essentials. She is so proud of what we have created with the best of the best offering the services they are amazing at. She is also super proud of all the awesome community connections and partnerships she has made with other companies that are amazing so that she can enhance her clients experience and make everything premium for them.
She is excited to be the one you choose to support you through all of your birthing journey!
“Thank you so much for all of your help, support and guidance throughout labour and delivery…and answering all my questions before hand,….it was priceless.”
“Thank you so much for being a part of our birthing experience. Couldn’t imagine that day without you. You really helped us in so many ways possible. You’ve exceeded our expectations. Thanks a million. We are so lucky to have had you there.”
“When my labour began, I took great comfort in having Sharon by my side.”
What you will receive when you work with Sharon
* 18 years of experience as Certified Birth Doula and childbirth Educator
* Free initial consultation meeting
* Invoice which includes Corporate and Doula registered numbers for insurance for possible reimbursement
* $100 discount for your prenatal classes (7 week series)
* Invitation to join our facebook page where you will find many resources and articles relevant to labour, birth and parenting
* Unlimited pre and postnatal contact for support, resources and education
* 2 Prenatal Visits to go over birth planning
* On call availability for birth, plus back up support is provided
* Labour and birth support, including physical, emotional and informational support and guidance during the labouring process
* Partner support and guidance
* Birth Photography services as she has mastered the art of birth photography through her 450+ births (receive at least 50 images)
* Immediate post birth care including breastfeeding support
* 1 Postpartum visit
* $50 discount on baby and me postpartum support group
* Updates and informational articles sent to you during the first year