Postpartum Doula Services
Calgary Birth Essentials team provides professional and customized postpartum doula services to help assist in the mother’s recovery after birth and support the parents’ adjustment to their newborn.
Postpartum Doula Services Can Include:
- Breastfeeding Support and Education
- Emotional Support
- Newborn Care (bathing, diapering, swaddling etc.)
- Light House Work (tidying, dishes, laundry etc.)
- Preparing Light Meals and Snacks
- Answering Questions
- Referrals to other community resources if needed
Overnight Doula Support
Calgary Birth Essentials is able to take on an overnight doula shift to help assist in regaining some of those lost sleep hours. We are able to help care for baby in between feeds and assist with breastfeeding or help out with bottle feeding if need be. The typical shift for an overnight doula care package is 10 pm – 6 am.