Southern Alberta & British Columbia Doula Training
Do you love pregnancy, birth and all things baby? Consider a new career as a labour doula, this might be right where you belong.
This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career?
Train with CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association) an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators.
What we will focus on:
- The doula’s role and scope of practice
- Practical applications of scope of practice, ethnics and integrity
- Building bridges with health care providers and other professionals.
- Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy.
- Basic anatomy and physiology specific to labour and birth
- Labour coping techniques and massage
- Common drugs and medications offered in birth
- Cesarean and VBAC support
- Alternative support and relaxation measures
- Information on complicated birth situations
- Learn how to run your own successful doula business
- Business marketing, development and networking for success
- And so much more!
Dates for 2018 are in! We hope that you can come and join us and make the first step into this rewarding and life impacting journey.
March 9th, 10th, 11th, 2018 CALGARY, ALBERTA
June 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2018 LETHBRIDGE, ALBERTA
September 7th, 8th, 9th, 2018 VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA
October 19th, 20th, 21st, 2018 CALGARY, ALBERTA
Friday 7-9 PM Saturday 8:30-5 PM Sunday 8:30-5 PM
CAPPA Labour Doula Training fee is $550, due at time of registration. Payment plans can be arranged for those in need.
We hold our Labour Doula Training out of Calgary & Lethbridge, Alberta and Victoria and Vancouver British Columbia
Trainings in Other Locations
Are you interested in a CAPPA Labour Doula Training in your area? We would be happy to arrange to come to you if you have a group of 8 or more.